Thursday, November 26, 2009

Blue black to light brown hair color?

My hair is blue black right now and I want to dye it medium brown or light brown. My actual goal is to get my hair back to my natural color dark blonde but I am not going to go through the process of stripping/ bleaching and then dying my hair over again. I have been through the process before and its not fun. I didn't completely kill my hair but it was very damaged so I know it can be done if need be. But thats not my question. My question is if it is possible to gradually lighten my hair color at the salon to a natural shade of brown or will the blue react with the other color..I know professional dye is complicated because you have to "add" colors to the hair which you have taken out. ONLY PROFESSIONAL HAIR STYLISTS OR COLORISTS ANSWER PLEASE!



I don't need kids saying its not recommended and telling me things I know already. Thanks.



Blue black to light brown hair color?

"adding" color which you have taken out is when you are going from blonde to dark..then you have to replace the missing pigments, not for doing the opposite. You definitely have to have it bleached or stripped..there is no way around it. going from black to a med. brown really shouldn't be hard at all (for a professional of course) and not really damaging..just make sure your stylist sends you home with some good after care. Once you get it to that med. brown I would just keep up with it for a while, and add some highlights each time you go to gradually make it look lighter. that's the best way without damaging it. Just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing, and allow quite a few trips before you are at your desired color. (the med. brown part they should achieve within the first visit though) the rest should take a min. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect